ABOUT THE RACE FOR THE CUP TOURNAMENT SERIES
The Race for the Cup Tournament series is in its 4th year. Last year was our most successful tournament series yet! As a result we are adding a 6th tournament to the series (Keizer Rapids in Salem).
Here is this year’s schedule:
- Race #1: Adair in Corvallis – Saturday, March 18th
- Race #2: Waterloo in Lebanon – Saturday, April 15th
- Race #3: Cascades Gateway in Salem – Saturday, May 20th
- Race #4: Keizer Rapids in Salem – Saturday, June 24th
- Race #5: Bryant Park in Albany – Saturday, July 15th
- Race #6: Linn-Benton Community College in Albany – Saturday, August 5th
- Calapooia Classic (Albany & LBCC) – Saturday & Sunday, August 26th & 27th
Highlights from the 2016 series include:
- We had our highest amount of player participation yet with 438 players playing in the 5 series events culminating in the two-day Calapooia Classic;
- Players taking part came from as far north as Tacoma, WA; and as far south as Pacifica, CA;
- During the tournaments, we instituted a putting contest which we used to raise funds for a local non-profit – Safe Haven Humane Society – resulting in a donation of just over $800;
- After the conclusion of the Calapooia Classic, we held a final 9 mixed doubles match (the Inaugural Hope Open Showcase), with cash prizes, highlighting the top 2 men and women players of the weekend.
Sponsorship Opportunities for 2017
We’re currently looking for cash sponsors for our 2017 Race for the Cup tournament series. Here are the ways you can take part in one of the signature disc golf tournament series in the state of Oregon:
BRONZE SPONSORSHIP — $150 cash
Bronze sponsors get two temporary tee-signs for each tournament as well as online advertising on our webpage and social media.
SILVER SPONSORSHIP — $300 cash
Silver sponsors get five temporary tee-signs and custom signage at our tournament table headquarters as well as online advertising on our webpage, social media and local news media. Your business name will also be on our custom-stamped tournament discs (every player gets one of these discs as part of their tournament registration).
TITLE SPONSORSHIP — $500 cash
Title sponsors get ten temporary tee-signs and custom signage at our tournament table headquarters as well as online advertising on our webpage, social media and local news media. Your business name will also be on our custom-stamped tournament discs (every player gets one of these discs as part of their tournament registration). In addition, being a title sponsor for the Race for the Cup series will automatically put you down as a sponsor for our signature event – the Calapooia Classic.